Monday 18 June 2012

Bring on the bold lip

Loving bold statement lips at the moment and thought I would share a few of my fav lippies. I usually like to pair a bold lip with a very natural eye, either some light shading in the crease or nude eye shadow with some simple liner. It's best to just focus on one part of the face otherwise you can end up looking too over done and too colourful.



 L-R Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Electric Pink Matte, Chanel Rouge Allure in 64 Enthusiast, Mac Ruby Woo and Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Colour in 50 Black Cherry.


Both the Smashbox and Mac lipsticks are extremely matte, I love this finish on lips and they have serious staying power. I defiantly want to be adding a few more matte's to my collection soon. You can also pop a lip gloss over the top to change the finish if you like. I love the shade of the Bobbi Brown but am wanting to try the same in a matte to give a more heavy coverage. It is a great lipstick if you are just dipping your toe into the dark lip and are scared about looking like a vampire, just apply lightly and then blot. Enthusiast by Chanel to me is a classic, I always feel like a lady when I wear it and hey, it's Chanel who wouldn't!

1 comment: